Vagrant for Friendica Developers
Vagrant is a virtualization solution for developers. No need to setup up a webserver, database etc. before actually starting. Vagrant creates a virtual machine (an Ubuntu 12.04) for you that you can just run inside VirtualBox and start to work directly on Friendica. What you need to do:
- Install VirtualBox and vagrant.
- Git clone your Friendica repository. Inside, you'll find a "Vagrantfile" and some scripts in the utils folder.
- Run "vagrant up" from inside the friendica clone. Be patient: When it runs for the first time, it downloads an Ubuntu Server image.
- Run "vagrant ssh" to log into the virtual machine to log in to the VM.
- Open 192.168.22.10 in a browser to finish the Friendica installation. The mysql database is called "friendica", the mysql user and password both are "root".
- Work on Friendica's code in your git clone on your machine (not in the VM).
- Check the changes in your browser in the VM. Debug via the "vagrant ssh" login.
- Commit and push your changes directly back to Github.
If you want to stop vagrant after finishing your work, run the following command
$> vagrant halt
in the development directory.
For further documentation of vagrant, please see the vagrantdocs.