||6 months ago|
|config||3 years ago|
|lang||6 months ago|
|templates||8 years ago|
|README.md||3 years ago|
|gravatar.php||1 year ago|
This addon allows you to look up an avatar image for new users and contacts at Gravatar. This will be used if there have not been found any other avatar images yet for example through OpenID.
Gravatar is a popular, but centralized and proprietary service where people can store an avatar image for their email-addresses. It is widely used on many pages, for example to display an avatar for comment functions, profile pages, etc.
Default Avatar Image
If no avatar was found for an email Gravatar can create some pseudo-random generated avatars based on an email hash. You can choose between these presets:
- Gravatar: default static Gravatar logo
- MM: (mystery-man) a static image
- Identicon: a generated geometric pattern based on email hash
- Monsterid: a generated 'monster' with different colors, faces, etc. based on email hash
- Wavatar: faces with different features and backgrounds based on email hash
- Retro: 8-bit arcade-styled pixelated faces based on email hash
See examples at Gravatar.
Gravatar lets users self-rate their images to be used at appropriate audiences. Choose which are appropriate for your friendica site:
- g: suitable for display on all wesites with any audience type
- pg: may contain rude gestures, provocatively dressed individuals, the lesser swear words, or mild violence
- r: may contain such things as harsh profanity, intense violence, nudity, or hard drug use
- x: may contain hardcore sexual imagery or extremely disurbing violence
See more information at Gravatar.
config/local.config.php file and add "gravatar" to the list of activated addons:
'system' => [ ... 'addon' => '...,gravatar' ... ]
You can add two configuration variables for the addon to the
'gravatar' => [ 'default_avatar' => 'identicon', 'rating' => 'g', ],