The Discourse connectors detects incoming mails from Discourse and
improves them by fetching the content and user data via API.
The user has to configure the mail interface so that the user's mails
can be fetched via Friendica. Then the user has to activate the
mailing list mode in Discourse.
The mailing list mode in Discourse knows two different options:
1. Get all posts - including your own. This will create duplicates
if you post via Friendica.
2. Don't get your own posts. Then you will missing all your posts
that you made directly on Discourse. Since you cannot create
a new post via this connector (only comments are possible)
this is not a good choice either.
- You can't create starting posts
- Either you don't get your own posts you made directly on Discourse
or you do get duplicates for every post you made via Friendica.
- Non public categories are currently only working via some workaround
without the API, which most likely will cause some content problems.
- links to Discourse profiles in the posts are invalid.