Friendica Communications Platform
(please note that this is a clone of the repository at github, issues are handled there)
You can not select more than 25 topics
Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
The following notes apply to alpha/beta releases. Some manual installation is
required at this time.
- Apache with mod-rewrite enabled and "Options All" so you can use a
local .htaccess file
- PHP > 5.1. The later the better. You'll need 5.3 for full openssl
- PHP *command line* access with register_argc_argv set to true in the
- Mysql 5.x
[Dreamhost.com offers all of the necessary hosting features at a
reasonable price. If your hosting provider doesn't allow Unix shell access,
you might have trouble getting everything to work.]
2. Edit htconfig.php and change system settings. Rename to .htconfig.php
3. Import database.sql into your database with mysql command line or via phpmyadmin
4. Import updates.sql (if it exists) to catch any late-breaking devel changes
5. Put this directory into the root of your web server document area.
- To use a subdir of your main site, set the
config variable $a->path to the relative subdir
in .htconfig.php - for example to use http://example.com/test -
set $a->path to 'test'.
- Everything will work much better if you can dedicate a domain
or subdomain so that you don't require an extra server path.
6. Navigate to your site with a web browser and register an account.
7. Set up a cron task to run "php include/poller.php http://my.domain.name" once every 5-10 minutes.